40 Locke Street South, Hamilton, ON
This very exciting piece of BRICK is truly one of the oldest homes in the area.
The original agreement of purchase and sale (see image below) is dated June 1846 indicating David Beasley sold the property to William Harris for 75 Pounds Sterling ($138 Canadian) 168 years ago!
- This property was listed for $109,900 in 2010 and sold for $130,000. I recall being intrigued my the property 4 years ago and only wished I had made the investment back then. There's no doubt it will sell this time around, and fetch a nice profit despite the investment to renovate and restore.
- Exterior painted in accordance with the colours and style of the 19th century
- 2 staircases: Main + Servant's
- Arched pocket doors
- Original plaster crown moulding and medallions
- 10 foot ceilings
- Restored original hardwood and trim
- Original claw foot tub
- Living room with stone fireplace mantel (painted unfortunately - see before and after below)
|ADVERTISEMENT: CLICK TO LEARN MORE|
Post a Comment