Friday, September 27, 2013


9 Turner Avenue, Hamilton, Ontario
This stately 2.5 storey century, centre hall home has incredible curb appeal and is dressed inside like the pages of a magazine. A pristine home for those who desire charm but must have all the modern conveniences. 9 Turner Avenue is a prestige address south of Aberdeen, between Bay Street South and Ravenscliffe Avenue and right in the heart of the historic and highly sought after Durand neighbourhood.

View listing by CLICKING HERE
Offered at $1.375 million
For sale by Sarit Zalter of Judy Marsales Real Estate Ltd.



Photographs by Tom Vogel,

Turner Avenue was once the main roadway for the old Highfield school for boys founded in 1901 (now relocated as Hillfield Strathallan College on the West Hamilton mountain)
Circa 1910 postcard of an outdoor ice hockey game at Highfield School in Hamilton, Ontario. Founded in 1901 as Highfield School for Boys, this school was the first private residential and day school for boys in the city of Hamilton. It was a prep school for boys planning to enter the Royal Military College of Canada. A severe fire broke out in 1918 and the damage to the building effectively ended the boarding program. In 1933 that structure was replaced by the current house at 362 Bay Street South. VIEW RELATED POST HERE


Turner Ave, Hamilton, ON L8P 3K5


18 Turner Avenue
Located in the Durand neighbourhood on a quiet dead end street. Designed by William Souter and built by Piggott Construction in 1932 the house has been updated throughout and features a gourmet kitchen with pantry, updated bathrooms throughout. The living room features leaded windows with stained glass crests. Just off the living room is the original solarium.

1 Turner Avenue circa 1907
 The home was designed by Hamilton architect Joshua Armes, who also designed the Clubhouse for the Hamilton Golf & Country Club. Ms. Fuller was reportedly from South Carolina and had planned to move to Hamilton. Although she never moved, the house was built for her and featured a large, shaded front porch. The first resident of the house was E.M. Dalley, whose father, F.F. Dalley, built a mansion in 1925 on the family's 100 acre estate in Ancaster called Wynnstay.

No comments:

Post a Comment