11 Oakwood Place, Hamilton, Ontario circa 1936
Every home has a story and you and I are fortunate that the April 11, 2011 edition of The Globe and Mail (and writer Dave LeBlanc) has helped tell us this one!
The residence at 11 Oakwood is the second oldest Art Moderne home in Hamilton, next to this one on Inglewood Drive:
Now is your opportunity to own this Art Moderne (Masterpiece) -- on the market this Monday!
Check it out in all her glory photographed by Tom Vogel, below. And if you like what you see, please do not hesitate as the barometer has been taken with my teaser posts, generating copious levels of excitement.
At nearly 80 years FRESH, its amazing just how much is original. A 'preservationist paradise' as brilliantly quoted by LeBlanc.
- Stucco Exterior...most likely is because of the high cement and quartz content (which makes the home sparkle on sunny days).
- Cruise ship railings
- Wooden window frames with horizontal muntin bars
- Original foyer tiles
- Hardwood floors
- Ceiling cornices with pressed rose and vine pattern
- Built in wall sconces
- National-Park-Rustic style basement (concrete walls are molded and painted to look like a log cabin)
|ADVERTISEMENT: CLICK TO LEARN MORE
Photos by Tom Vogel, www.vogel-creative.com
Offered at $1,275,000
VIEW FULL LISTING HERE
- 11 Oakwood Place has a strong connection to MacMaster, with long-time former owner DR. William Walsh.
- William Walsh, MD, was a pillar of the new medical school and an integral part of the Faculty of Health Sciences from his appointment as the Assistant Dean of Medicine in 1965 to his retirement in 1990. As one of the founders of the medical school, he was instrumental in developing its revolutionary curriculum. His reputation as a leader in the medical community helped the school gain acceptance among area health professionals. He held various leadership posts including Director of Continuing Medical Education and Associate Dean of Education. A creative and pioneering educator, Dr. Walsh fostered commitment to the discipline of medicine.